Monday, August 10, 2009

Waikiki

View from my hotel room at the Marriott Waikiki Beach Resort. <- Did I mention that my room was on the 31st floor? I don't mind heights so I ate breakfast every morning on my balcony.
^ I was intrigued by this guy making plumeria leis by holding the end between his toes.
The surfer and dolphin seem to like them.
So I gave the street lei-maker $5 and got one to decorate my room. Seems appropriate next to the botanical print of a plumeria.
This picture is from my cab ride on the way to the Diamond Head trailhead. It was the morning of the Tinman Triathalon (not to be confused with the longer and more intense IronMan).
This picture was taken at a local restaurant. Not a sign I tend to see in Dublin or Oakland.
Looking down, the carpet is just as tropical as my dress. (Tropical Camo?)
Cloudy Sunset over Waikiki.
I'm glad I made the most of this business trip, at least in the early morning and evening hours. It's not as fun to be in Hawaii without my husband, though. Oh well, there's always next time.
Aloha

3 comments:

Ron Bloomquist said...

I'm glad you made the most of it and thanks for sharing via your blog!

Nancy said...

Lovely pics of your trip! I AM afraid of heights and did quite the double-take looking at your second shot; oh my. So glad you were able to squeeze in a few idyllic moments, sigh......

credd said...

the 31st floor. that was a long way down. dizzying!