Saturday, August 1, 2009

My winning photo from the Paso Robles 2009 Photowalk

Del and I participated in the 2009 Worldwide Photowalk and we did it with a guide named Syl Arena in Paso Robles. We met some great people, learned some new things, and really enjoyed taking pictures that Saturday morning, even in the 108 degree heat. And to make it even better, it turns out that mine was the winning photo from the Paso Robles Photowalk this year! That means I won a book on photography and that Syl is submitting this photo to Scott Kelby who is the leader of the Worldwide Photowalk http://worldwidephotowalk.com/ which includes photowalks from over 900 locations and over 30,000 people participating. It's a great thing to get people out to walk and see their local world in a whole new light. Here's my photo that was selected. It's called "Z Light" and it's a close-up of a Nissan 350Z headlamp that reminds me a lot of dichroic glass.

And here's the URL to see more of the photos from the photowalk, including another one of mine of a firehose nozzle and two by Del. My name on flickr is il regalo and Del's is smoking pizza. http://www.flickr.com/photos/40744627@N08/3744495109/

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Congratulations, Diane! What an honor and what an amazing shot!

I was thinking of you today at the Urban Craft Uprising. Wish you could have gone with me. I did get one of your birthday presents there :-).

Ron Bloomquist said...

Well done sis!

You da bomb!