Friday, August 14, 2009

I love birds and I find all Hawaiian birds exotic.

Here's a great example. Is this cool or what? It's like a cardinal that you'd find in the Eastern US as all red, but it was introduced from Brazil and is called a red-crested cardinal. (BTW, these pics are not mine. I saw these birds but didn't photograph them. This is courtesy of this website:http://www.explorebiodiversity.com/Hawaii/BIRDS/Birds/Rock%20Dove.htm
Myna birds. Noisey great songs. Might get annoying after awhile if I lived in Hawaii, but I don't, so I love 'em!
Zebra dove. Even the pigeon-like birds in Hawaii are exotic!

The Vented Bulbul. Very cool. Saw some of these on the hike to Diamond Head. Love the rocker hairdo.
Spotted dove. Another exotic pigeon!
The Rock Dove. OK, these I had personal experiences with . . .
This one was on my balcony, 31 stories high.
Checking me out.
And then there were two . . .
A long way down
Hey! Wait a minute! How come you closed the door on me? I was just getting used to having Cheerios for breakfast with you!!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, I still get the heebie jeebies looking at your balcony pictures, uffda! Glad you had some birdie visitors up there; it sure wouldn't have been me...

credd said...

wonderful bird photos! love the cardinal!