Sunday, May 31, 2009

Flowers from recent neighborhood morning walk

I believe this is spanish lavendar. My english lavendar is just beginning to bud. Can't wait!
I don't know the name of this odd plant. Seems to be some sort of succulant.
I grew up with my Mom's "hen and chicks" plants by the front porch. They were about 3 inches in diameter. This is about 3 feet!!!
Our next-door neighbor's ice plant. Spectacular color!
Close-up of a society garlic. I like the stark contrast.
Just another morning spent ooing and awing while walking the neighborhood loop

2 comments:

Nancy said...

What a glorious day it was! Sounds like you are walking most days now??? Good for you!

Diane said...

Actually, it's been hit and miss. More "miss" than "hit" lately I'm afraid. I'm flying to Atlanta for a couple of days so at least I'll get a little walking in at the airport. How 'bout you? Of course you walk as part of your job all the time!