Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Balconies

On a recent morning walk around the 'hood, I decided to take pictures of balconies and see what people are doing with them. This one's not great, not terrible. But I think we can do better . . .
OK, this one's just sad. Perhaps a fake plant is better than a dead one. Looks like one person would be in the other person's face. Too aggressive for balcony sitting, in my opinion.
Possibly my favorite . . .
One option is to do absolutely nothing.
One of my favorites. A real plant and bistro chairs with personality!
I like the bistro set, but I'm deducting points for the fake orange flowers.
Not a bad attempt, but the plants are fake, so the greens will turn more and more turquoise.
And finally, my own false balcony outside my laundry room. A little spindly, but at least the geraniums are real.

1 comment:

Ron Bloomquist said...

The satellite dish in the next to last photo is a nice touch!! :-)

Good to hear you are out walking!!

woo Hoo!