Saturday, November 8, 2008

Newly Adopted Kitty #1: Help! I need a name . . .

So, she's a gorgeous grey kitty. Any ideas for a name? I'm trying to decide between Ashley and Misty at the moment, but could be persuaded by any cool name that signifies grayness, fluffyness (other than the overused "fluffy"), green-eyed-ness, etc. The test is that it has to sound good in the following two-word sentence: "Here ______". As to her personality, she's been hiding under the sofa all day (but then again, this is just day one). That said, when we did pick her up, she snuggled and purred. So, she's basically a shy lover. Thoughts for a fitting name?

3 comments:

Christy said...

Hey Diane,
She's adorable! I've always wanted to name a kitty Paisley. Kitties have such interesting patterns to their fur and I love paisley fabric prints - so varied and unique. Try that one on for size. Of course, misty was the first name that popped into my head when I saw her picture but it may be a bit overused like fluffy.
Our male cat (all black with big, sometimes orange, sometimes hazel eyes) is named Boo. We had a difficult time finding a unique and fitting name when we rescued a new tiny, VERY shy ball of tortoise shell fur. She hid for quiet a long time and would just peek around the corner and then run back under the bed. So, we went with Peek - bet you'd never heard of that for a cat's name. So now we have Peek & Boo - get it? Shadow ( the name she had already been given when we adopted her as a 5 year old) is our third lil darling, and that name as a bit of overusedness to it too.
Congrats on the new family members - may you have many happy years together!
Christy

Diane said...

Shadow's a possibility for the grey one. I like Paisley for the Tortoise shell one, but I think we've already settled on Gicle'e for that one. Thanks! I'm glad to have kitties around again. Makes life richer.

Nancy said...

She looks like a Misty to me. That name is gray, fluffy, and shadow all rolled into one!

I'm so glad you have kitties in your household again!

Love,
Nancy