Sunday, September 19, 2010

Birthday Memento

My brother and sister-in-law sent me a box of memories for my birthday this year. I pulled this out and couldn't quite figure it out. It's my mom's first initial and her last name. I asked my friend Wanda about it since she's worked in hospitals for a long time. Wanda: "What color is it?" Me: "Pink and white" Wanda: "Is it big or small?" Me: "Very small" Wanda: "It's the bracelet they put on you in the nursery so they'd know you belong to your mommy". Wow. I have to admit that gave me goosebumps and made me tear up over the significance of it. My mother passed away a number of years ago so I'm so grateful to have this special tangible memento.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

That is so much nicer than the hospital bands we use now.

Nancy said...

Oh Diane, what a wonderful gift to receive on your birthday! Love you!

Nancy said...

So sweet to receive it on your birthday! Love you!