Sunday, September 21, 2008

Gifts of Lavender

I had a huge lavender crop this year and wondered what to do with it all. My sister-in-law, Marilyn, found an article on how to make lavender wands. Since then, I've found a good explanation on the web as well: http://www.gardengatemagazine.com/extras/62lavenderwand.php
I made many of these while on an airplane. The plane smelled sweet, I believe we were all more relaxed thanks to the soothing properties of the aromatic lavender, and I sure did get a lot of curious onlookers who had never seen them before. I'm hooked. I hope my harvest is even greater next summer.

2 comments:

Sissel said...

Thanks so much for the beautiful lavender wand. You are very talented!

Sissel

Nancy said...

Diane, check out the link by my pic of your lavender wands; it's a lovely site!

Nancy